***Are you looking for the Halloween Mystery Quilt? Go HERE for all the information and links!***

Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Stars and Sharks Quilt {Free Pattern}

Hi there! Today is my stop on the Sharktown blog tour!  This fabric by Shawn Wallace is so much fun and is the perfect fabric for those shark lovers in your life! :)  I loved how this fabric line had a great range of dark, medium and light blues.  So I thought it would be fun to do a gradient pattern - so I came up with this fun Stars and Sharks quilt:

Stars and Sharks Quilt Kit HERE
 45" x 45"

I started with the darkest fabric - which is absolutely adorable! I think this is my favorite print in the collection! 


I then worked my way out with and used lighter blue each time.   This is a super easy quilt - and you can easily whip up the top in an afternoon - which is my favorite part! I love quick quilts!

Stars and Sharks Quilt Kit HERE

For quilting, I used my walking foot and did 1/2" lines and followed the lines of the star.  I love straight line quilting so much - however it is very time consuming! I forgot how much time it takes to straight line quilt.  But I love how it turned out and I love the texture straight line quilting adds to the quilt! 

Lastly, I used a stripe for binding!  My binding fairy is the BEST - I wanted to do bias binding - and I LOVE how it turned out! She did a fabulous job! (Thanks mom!) ;)



Alright's let's get started!




Fat Eighth of dark blue shark print
1/4 yard of medium blue shark fin print
1/2 yard of light blue shark print
5/8 yard of water print
2 yards of background fabric
1/2 yard stripe print (for binding)

Cutting: 

From Dark Blue Shark: 
4 - 3.5” squares (A)
1 - 5.5” x 5.5” Square (D)

From Medium Blue 
4 - 6” squares (E)


From Light Blue (shark)
8 - 6” squares (F)

From Water Print
12 - 6” squares (G)

From background: 
24 - 6” squares (H)
4 - 3” squares (C)
4 - 3.5” squares (B)
12 - 5.5” squares (I)
2.5” strips for border 

From Stripe:
5 - 2.5” x WOF strips for regular binding -or you can cut bias binding (you will have enough for whatever you decide).








I made this pattern into a PDF file if you would like to print it out!


Click HERE to download the PDF version 
Click HERE to purchase a Stars and Sharks KIT



I hope you enjoy making this quilt! Be sure to stop by the other blogs in the blog hop for more inspiration! :)

Talk to you soon,




7 comments:

Peggy said...

So cute. Thank you.

Mia said...

So nice! I love it!

RosieGma said...

This is too darn cute......

Carol S. said...

This is so cute! I love the shark fabric in this quilt.

Mermaid in the garden said...

Was looking for a pattern for seashore prints. Have some jellyfish and starfish material, this will be fun! Thanks for sharing the pattern.

Barbara F

Mermaid in the garden said...

Thanks for sharing, was looking for a pattern for seashore fabric I have been stashing.

Anonymous said...

This looks so fun to do. I love the shark prints.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...